The purpose of the directors and officers’ liability insurance is to provide cover for a company’s executives against claims arising from their decisions taken. The persons insured include natural persons, i.e. the company’s management board members, executives, supervisory board and other persons related to management decisions. And the company against whom a claim is filed in connection with a management board member’s activity is also insured. Proved damage and legal expenses are compensated for.
Directors and officers’ liability insurance (D&O) is important because:
- It covers the personal financial risk of a member of the management board where the latter is liable for their activity with their personal property
- It helps the company find funds for covering damage arising from managerial mistakes (a claim filed against a member of the management board may significantly exceed the latter’s personal assets)
- It provides an opportunity to raise the value of the management board member motivation package
- It gives a member of the management board a sense of security when making decisions and courage for taking risks
- It allows covering legal aid expenses
It is important to IIZI that companies understand the risks associated with management. The insuring of the liability of members of the management board is a new risk for Estonian companies, most of which have never come across it before.
- We purchase insurance solutions from our partners abroad because local providers are almost non-existent.
- We mediate insurance terms and conditions adapted to suit Estonia and our legal space.
- We have a thorough understanding of the insurance service and the principles governing its operation.
- Claim handling in Estonian and via local partners.
Look beyond the price when it comes to choosing insurance. Request an offer by writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 16660!